With how much we use the internet and our phones to find amazing local businesses and services, it’s no surprise that local SEO is extremely important in 2023. Any good SEO agency Auckland will tell you that it’s absolutely something you need to focus on if you want to increase your reputation in your local area.
Just stop and think about how many times you’ve used Google to look for cool businesses around you. Every time you’ve searched ‘Good restaurants in Auckland’ or ‘amazing clothing stores near me,’ you’ve made a search that involves local factors.
Chances are, there are countless people in your area who would love to shop at a business like yours. But it’s not always easy to get their attention, even if you’re physically near them.
This is why local SEO is so important – it helps you reach customers who can physically come to your location to enjoy your goods and services.
12 Clever Local SEO Strategies That You Should Utilise for Your Auckland Website
You know local SEO is important, but that doesn’t exactly solve your problem of ‘how can I improve my local SEO?’
No worries; there are plenty of things that you can do to improve your SEO, both local and otherwise. Here are twelve local SEO strategies that could help you improve your website’s visibility in your immediate area:
- Work with A Good Auckland SEO Agency. One of the best things you can do to improve your SEO and your web design in general is to work with professionals. Look for a reliable team of experts who know how to get the job done right.
You can easily do this by going online and looking for reputable web designers with heaps of experience and heaps of amazing sites in their portfolios. Make sure you pay attention to their services to see what they can do for you.
Statistics show that an incredible 98% of consumers use the internet to look for local businesses – that’s an amazing amount of people! The right SEO agency will surely help you get their attention.
- Optimise Your Google My Business Listing. Among that 98% of people who use the internet to find local companies, a vast majority of them probably use Google. This is why it’s so important to optimise your Google My Business listing.
Your Google My Business Listing appears when people search for your business, or a business like yours, and can give them easy access to information such as what you do, your operating hours and your address.
Do your best to keep your listing updated with your latest information. Having outdated information on your listing is a bad look and can worsen your reputation.
- Use Relevant Keywords On Your Site. When people search for businesses like yours, they’re likely to use specific keywords. Make sure you use these keywords throughout your website. Your Auckland SEO agency can help you determine, and implement, the best keywords for your specific business.
- Get Backlinks from Other Websites. Backlinks are links from other websites to yours. They’re essentially a signal to Google that your site is high-quality and trustworthy enough to use as a reference in other site’s articles and content. You can get more backlinks to your site by guest blogging on other websites, participating in local online forums and submitting your website to directories.
- Optimise Your Website for Mobile. Any good Auckland SEO agency will tell you about the importance of mobile optimisation. Everyone uses their phones for everything now, so you want your site to be easily used via mobile devices.
You can even take things a step further by having a mobile app developed for your business rather than just having a website.
- Create Local Content. Write blog posts, create infographics or record videos about topics that are relevant to your business and its target audience. This will help you attract even more organic traffic to your website from local searchers.
- Run Local PPC Campaigns. PPC, or pay-per-click, advertising is a great way to get your business in front of new customers who are already searching for businesses like yours. You can create PPC campaigns that target specific keywords and locations to reach the right people.
- Use Social Media. Social media, in general, is a fantastic way to spread the word about your business. It can help you connect with potential and existing customers and build relationships with them. Make sure you’re active online and use relevant hashtags to reach a wider audience. You can also use social media to promote your goods and services.
- Be Responsive to Online Reviews. People want to know that you hear them. Aside from improving your site with an Auckland SEO agency, make sure you actively pay attention to reviews and feedback that customers give you. If they’re positive, let them know you appreciate their support! If they’re negative, let them know that you hear their concerns and that you’ll try harder.
- Use Local Directories. Local directories are websites that list businesses in a specific area. Getting listed in these local directories can help you improve your local SEO visibility.
- Use Local SEO Tools. There are a number of local SEO tools available that can allow you to track your progress and optimise your website for local search. These clever tools can help you identify potential keywords, track your backlinks and monitor your local search rankings.
- Stay Up-To-Date On Local SEO Trends. Local SEO, just like regular SEO, is constantly evolving every year. So, it’s very important to stay updated with the latest trends. An experienced Auckland SEO agency will already keep up with the latest strategies, so it’s good to work with one.
One Simple Way to Boost Your New Zealand Website’s SEO
All of these tips can really help you, but they can be a bit difficult to do on your own if you don’t have much experience with SEO. That’s why we at Kiwi Website Design are here to help.
Our services include SEO, website development, app development and more. If you have any questions for us, then you can call us on XXXX to reach our team.
Reach the right people; trust us at Kiwi Website Design!